[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
SL2College • View topic - university foundation programme
We may already have an answer for your question in our forum, please use the "Search" box on the top right-hand side to search for keywords related to your question. If you cannot find an answer, please post your question in the appropriate forum below

university foundation programme

Questions relating to universities and degree programs

university foundation programme

Postby Shay » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:12 pm

hi, I did my G.C.E. O/L exam this year. i'm interested in pursuing studies in Canada. I searched for my options and found out that I can do a university foundation program in a Canadian uni: just with my O/L results. Each uni: had different programs such as IFP,IFY,UFP to students that don't meet the academic requirements of their universities. I really am not interested in doing A/Ls. That was one option I could find. I want to know if there are more options available for me and if so what they are. And if you know about Canadian uni:s that offer foundation programs, please let me know. I'd be really grateful to you if you could help me out. thank you..
Shay

Re: university foundation programme

Postby yoshani » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi Shay,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. It would be best to write to the universities where you found the different programs directly and see what you need to get admission. I noticed that most unis were offering such foundation programs for students who are not fluent in English or didn't score well in the English tests (like TOEFL), but it didn't state whether these were for students with just O/L results.

If you check the requirements for international students applying for undergraduate programs in Canada, most (if not all) mention the need for A/L results or its equivalency. Other options:
1) Based on what programs you want to apply in Canadian universities, do university foundation courses in Sri Lanka. There are many private places offering such courses.
2) Check if college (as opposed to university) admission in Canada also require A/L results. If they don't require it, you can do 2 years of college and apply to uni to do 3rd and 4th years.
3) Canadian high school system doesn't have O/Ls and A/Ls. You can do 1-2 years of high school in Canada and apply to university. If you gain admission to uni as a Canadian resident (as opposed to international student), tuition fees are also low.

We have an FB page for students thinking of applying for undergraduate studies to Canada: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SL2C.Ca ... orProgram/. Feel free to post there too. Many advisers are online and you will get a quick reply.

Good Luck!
yoshani

Return to Canada: Universities and Programs