[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
SL2College • View topic - anybody around University of California Berkeley?
We may already have an answer for your question in our forum, please use the "Search" box on the top right-hand side to search for keywords related to your question. If you cannot find an answer, please post your question in the appropriate forum below

anybody around University of California Berkeley?

Questions relating to housing and living

anybody around University of California Berkeley?

Postby sam » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:10 am

Hi all,
I need a big help for this summer 2009. Have an internship offer from the Lawerence Berkeley National Lab, California Berkeley (University of California Berkeley). No luck on finding a place to stay. Its too expensive, and the internship is for about 2 months starting from June 1st to July 31st. I dont think I can sign a contract for this short period. I'm thnking on finding someone (Sri Lankan, Indian, Nepali, Bangladesh) with a room to share it, probably a student from California Berkeley?

If you have any friends or contacts at University of Cal Berkeley let me know. This is a big big help....... :?

I'm willing to share the apartment/food/utility costs and dont mind sharing a room with several ppl.

I wrote to several indian students at the CS department Cal Berkeley and waiting for their responses. But if you have any friends around Berkeley it will be great. Thanks in advance.

sam
sam

Re: anybody around University of California Berkeley?

Postby Nishad » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 am

Sam,
did you figure something out? I emailed a few friends, but not a positive reply. Waiting for one more. i assume you have already looked on craigslist? look in the room/sublet section, there are quite bit. ill get back to you with more info as I find them
nishad
Nishad

Postby sam » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks for the help Nishad. Found several ads on Craigslist, no positive answers yet :(

Let me know if you get any response. Lots of places for 3 months period but i need only for 2 months June and July....thats the case.

sam
sam

Postby sam » Wed May 06, 2009 9:37 am

Finally found a place. Bit expensive $750 with utilities........but its close to UCB and Berkeley lab....furnished, 1B (and with kitchen sutf) and indian restaurents closeby in case of bad cooking :lol:

Here's my experience on this apartment hunting.... :D

1. Post your housing problem to the forum. Immense help from the SL2College forum members......special thanks to Nishad, DC and Samitha..........

2. Try to find shared/sublets in the local criaglist listings...........great resource to get info on the area and cost......
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

3. Contact students around (try South Asian students, indian, Pakistani, Nepal, Bangladesh...etc better if Sri Lanks). Rember some international students like Japanease , Koriens or chinse...they have different life stuyle thant south aisans....so better to contact someone from our region.......Found my place by this way....... ;)
You can check the department web sites, forums or contact international office of the University to get contacts....

sam
sam

Return to USA: Housing and Living