[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
SL2College • View topic - Finding apartments
We may already have an answer for your question in our forum, please use the "Search" box on the top right-hand side to search for keywords related to your question. If you cannot find an answer, please post your question in the appropriate forum below

Finding apartments

Questions relating to housing and living

Finding apartments

Postby samindaw » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:55 am

I'm starting my MSc this fall in IU, Bloomington. Is there a place where I could find an apartment to share with someone? The ideal situation would be to find someone who is already having an apartment so that he can share it with me. Any info on this would be helpful.

Thanks,
Saminda
samindaw

Re: Finding apartments

Postby sam » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:25 am

Your best bet would be, finding it through the Craigslist - Indiana.

Check the link and then go to housing\rooms-shared. Also you can check sublets, which are easy to get and for few months period, you can get it temporarily and find something later when you are there. Otherwise, you need to sign the full contract, most probably for a one year period.

Also you can contact Indian Students Association at IU. They may already have listings of low cost apartments. And sometimes they give some coupons to use it on signing a lease with a certain apartment. Also, see whether they have a Sri Lankan student community. You can easily find people who are already there, and probably someone who wants to share an apartment with you. If you don't have any contacts, check with the International office, they can forward your email to sri lankan students right there.

I'll check whether we have any current students in the sl2c listings.

hope this helps.
sam

Postby samindaw » Sun May 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanx sam. I went through the links you've provided. They were helpful to get an idea. I couldn't find much reference on who the roommates are (Indian/SL etc). I'm going to go with your suggestion of dropping a mail also to the international office. Thanks again for the help.

Saminda
samindaw

Postby yoshani » Tue May 03, 2011 3:01 am

Hi Saminda,

One of the Sri Lankan graduate students at IU has requested for your email address. Could you please send it to info-at-sl2college.org please?

Thanks,
Yoshani
yoshani

Return to USA: Housing and Living